Around mid May we would normally be putting out the first call for volunteers for the Golowan Festival however this year due to the difficult situation of the onset of the Corona virus/Corvid 19 we have, like many other events and festivals, taken the decision to cancel Golowan 2020 in order to do everything possible to protect and maintain public safety and well-being.
We thank all our regular volunteers for their time and for the help that they have given to Golowan in recent years and we hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing many of them again in 2021.
All of us at Golowan are so grateful for the very important role played by our wonderful festival volunteers. They always have a smile on their faces and the festival couldn’t manage without them!
In 2021 you might enjoy doing any of these volunteering roles:
- Leafleting residents about the road closures before the event
- Helping to steward the parades on Mazey Day
- Collecting donations at the Torchlit Procession, at the Mock Mayor election, at the fireworks and and at different times during the day on Mazey and Quay Fair Days
- Signing in and out collection buckets on Mazey Day
- Giving out water to those in the parades on Mazey Day
- Helping set up the parades
- Helping to manage “Kids on the Prom” on Quay Fair Day
- Helping in the Golowan pop up shop or stall in the week leading up to the Mazey weekend and on both Mazey and Quay Fair Days
- Being available to help out wherever needed before, during and after the main weekend
- Doing a little litter picking to help us keep the town looking tidy (bags, grabbers and gloves provided)
- Meeting and Greeting’ – giving out weekend brochures, advice and directions to festival visitors, especially those at Golowan for the first time and on Mazey Day encouraging people to take a break from Market Jew Street to explore Chapel Street and Causewayhead
You don’t have to wear a costume when you’re volunteering but we’ve noticed that those who are collecting get more people putting money in their buckets when they do.
We’d love to hear from you so get in touch at:
tel: 01736 369686 (leave a message and we’ll get back to you)
You can also message us on twitter @golowanfestival and facebook https://www.facebook.com/GolowanFestival/