A very big thank you to our 2019 festival volunteers. You all did an amazing job. A special thank you to our volunteer litter pickers who were out and about throughout the festival weekend (sometimes very early in the morning!) collecting, sorting and recycling or disposing of litter.
Do please get in touch if you’re interested in volunteering at Golowan 2020 – see contact details below.
You might enjoy doing any of these volunteering roles:
- Helping to steward the parades on Mazey Day
- Collecting donations at the Torchlit Procession, at the Mock Mayor election, at the fireworks and and at different times during the day on Mazey and Quay Fair Days
- Signing in and out collection buckets on Mazey Day
- Giving out water to those in the parades on Mazey Day
- Helping set up the parades
- Helping to manage “Kids on the Prom” on Quay Fair Day
- Leafleting residents about the road closures before the event
- Helping in the Golowan pop up shop or stall in the week leading up to the Mazey weekend and on both Mazey and Quay Fair Days
- Being available to help out wherever needed before, during and after the main weekend
- Doing a little litter picking to help us keep the town looking tidy (bags, grabbers and gloves provided)
- Meeting and Greeting’ – giving out weekend brochures, advice and directions to festival visitors, especially those at Golowan for the first time and on Mazey Day encouraging people to take a break from Market Jew Street to explore Chapel Street and Causewayhead
tel: 01736 369686 (leave a message and we’ll get back to you)
All of us at Golowan are so grateful for the very important role played by our wonderful festival volunteers. They always have a smile on their faces and the festival couldn’t manage without them!
Our volunteers also tell us how much they enjoy their time with us. They enjoy meeting and talking to each other and to festival visitors.
They demonstrate enthusiasm, friendliness and helpfulness. They never let us down and are wonderful ambassadors for the festival!
The Golowan Band is recruiting! New members are needed and will be made most welcome!
We are looking for brass/woodwind/fiddle players – and the like who are fit enough to march and play and enjoy the fun and camaraderie of being part of this famous band.
There is a core repertoire of ten tunes which you will need to learn and rehearsals will be held down at the Barbican every Tuesday for six weeks prior to the festival culminating in all the joy and festivities of Mazey Weekend.
Obviously the Golowan Festival is our focal point but the band also participates in other vibrant Cornish events such as Lafrowda and Goldsithney Charter Fair.
Contact the band at: