All of us at Golowan are so grateful for the very important role played by our wonderful festival volunteers. They always have a smile on their faces and the festival couldn’t manage without them!
They demonstrate enthusiasm, friendliness and helpfulness. They never let us down and are wonderful ambassadors for the festival!
We salute and thank them all!
Our volunteers also tell us how much they enjoy their time with us. They enjoy meeting and talking to each other and to festival visitors.
If you would like to try volunteering for Golowan 2019 here are some of the roles that you might like to do:
- Helping to steward the parades on Mazey Day
- Collecting donations at the Mock Mayor election, the fireworks and throughout the day on Mazey Day and Quay Fair Day
- Selling merchandise in the Golowan shop on Mazey Day and on the stall on Quay Fair Day
- Signing in and out collection buckets on Mazey Day
- Giving out water to those in the parades on Mazey Day
- Helping set up the parades
- Helping to manage “Kids on the Prom” on Quay Fair Day
- Putting up and taking down the greenery on Mazey Day
- Leafleting residents about the road closures before the event
- Helping in the Golowan pop up shop and stall in the week up to, and on, the main festival weekend
- Being available to help out wherever it is needed before, during and after the main weekend
- Doing a little litter picking to help us keep the town looking lovely (bags, grabbers and gloves provided)
- ‘Meeting and Greeting’ – giving out weekend brochures, advice and directions to festival visitors, especially those at Golowan for the first time and on Mazey Day encouraging people to take a break from Market Jew to explore Chapel Street and Causewayhead
So, if you can help in 2019, contact us at email@example.com this coming April or early May .
The Golowan Band is recruiting! New members are needed and will be made most welcome! We are looking for brass/woodwind/fiddle players – and the like who are fit enough to march and play and enjoy the fun and camaraderie of being part of this famous band. There is a core repertoire of ten tunes which you will need to learn and rehearsals will be held down at the Barbican every Tuesday for six weeks prior to the festival culminating in all the joy and festivities of Mazey Weekend. Obviously the Golowan Festival is our focal point but the band also participates in other vibrant Cornish events such as Lafrowda and Goldsithney Charter Fair.
Contact the band at: