Do please get in touch if you’re interested in volunteering at this year’s festival. Why not come along to our Volunteer Sign Up Session at Exchange Cafe, Princes St, Penzance, this Sat 15th, 11 am – 1 pm to meet us and find out more? Or contact us as below.
You might enjoy doing any of these volunteering roles:
- Helping to steward the parades on Mazey Day
- Collecting donations at the Torchlit Procession (at 10 pm on Sunday 23rd June), at the Mock Mayor election (Thurs 27th June), at the fireworks (Fri 28th June)and throughout the day on Mazey and Quay Fair Days
- Selling merchandise in the Golowan shop/stall on Mazey Day and on the stall on Quay Fair Day
- Signing in and out collection buckets on Mazey Day
- Giving out water to those in the parades on Mazey Day
- Helping set up the parades
- Helping to manage “Kids on the Prom” on Quay Fair Day
- Leafleting residents about the road closures before the event
- Helping in the Golowan pop up shop in the week from 24th – 29th June – this is dependent on Golowan having a shop – see below* Otherwise volunteers will be needed for a Golowan Stall on both Mazey and Quay Fair Days.
- Being available to help out wherever needed before, during and after the main weekend.
- Doing a little litter picking to help us keep the town looking tidy (bags, grabbers and gloves provided)
- Meeting and Greeting’ – giving out weekend brochures, advice and directions to festival visitors, especially those at Golowan for the first time and on Mazey Day encouraging people to take a break from Market Jew Street to explore Chapel Street and Causewayhead.
- New for this year – we will be trialling the sale of Golowan refillable water bottles from a stall which we hope to place near to our water station and we need volunteers to man this throughout Mazey Day
tel: 01736 369686
All of us at Golowan are so grateful for the very important role played by our wonderful festival volunteers. They always have a smile on their faces and the festival couldn’t manage without them!
Our volunteers also tell us how much they enjoy their time with us. They enjoy meeting and talking to each other and to festival visitors.
They demonstrate enthusiasm, friendliness and helpfulness. They never let us down and are wonderful ambassadors for the festival!
The Golowan Band is recruiting! New members are needed and will be made most welcome!
We are looking for brass/woodwind/fiddle players – and the like who are fit enough to march and play and enjoy the fun and camaraderie of being part of this famous band.
There is a core repertoire of ten tunes which you will need to learn and rehearsals will be held down at the Barbican every Tuesday for six weeks prior to the festival culminating in all the joy and festivities of Mazey Weekend.
Obviously the Golowan Festival is our focal point but the band also participates in other vibrant Cornish events such as Lafrowda and Goldsithney Charter Fair.
Contact the band at: