GOLOWAN 2017 – Friday June 16th – Sunday June 25th
Golowan Festival – The Never-Ending Story
What a fantastic Golowan! It tried to rain on our parades but we saw it off! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as we did. And the Golowan story goes on!
An enormous thank you goes out to our wonderful team of Golowan volunteers. More numerous and enthusiastic than ever before, the festival just wouldn’t happen with out you all………thank you.
Well done to all the schools and groups, your imagination and effort really showed in those magnificent pieces of art which really thrilled everyone.
Wasn’t it beautiful in Morrab Gardens – a big thank you to the Friends of Morrab Gardens for their support and help in making this a truly wonderful part of the festival.
And of course there is a long list of people, organisations and local businesses to thank……here goes:
- The Co-operative supermarket in Market Jew Street for the use of their premises for the Communications Room on Mazey Day
- Chris Sedgeman Scaffolding Ltd – for the Mayor’s Platform on Lloyds Bank
- Lloyds Bank for allowing the scaffolding to be erected
- Solo Building Supplies for donating a protective floor covering to use in St John’s Hall
- Lavenders Deli and Bakery for donating delicious pasties for our volunteers
- The Workbox for use of their premises for the volunteer briefings
- The Vault Cafe for use of the cafe for a volunteers’ drop in to collect T shirts and information
- The Admiral Benbow and The Crown for organising fund raising events
- Morrison’s Supermarket for donating several packs of water for the children in the parades
- Penzance Town Council for the use of various essential equipment
- Penlee Park Theatre for loan of chairs
- PCDT for the loan of tables
- Sid Leiworthy for the use of his yard to store equipment during the festival
- The Exchange Gallery for the fabulous Launch Event
- The Mazey Dumitz Dugle for entertainment
- Pop up Penzance
- The generous owners of the Golowan Shop
The Friends of Golowan organisation aims to grow and become a more dynamic support to Golowan – check our Friends page and look out for flyers to find details of how you can become a Friend of Golowan.
Yippee! Golowan is officially Cornwall’s best family event as voted by readers of What’s on Cornwall.
You can also get the latest updates on twitter @golowanfestival.
Golowan Festival Office
The Barbican, Battery Road, Penzance TR18 4EF